Cream cheese / vegetable appetizer
Christmas version toppings: scallions, green pepper, broccoli, and red pepper.
- 1 - package crescent dinner rolls in 9" x 13" pan
- 1 - 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened [light or regular]
- ½ - cup mayonnaise
- ¼ - cup sour cream
- 2 - tablespoons of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing [powder only]
- Various - finely chopped veggies [possibilities: broccoli, red or green pepper, mushrooms, scallions, cauliflower, zucchini, etc.] depending on your taste and desired color.
- Roll out crescent dinner roll dough flat on baking pan. Scrunch together any of the pre-cuts for the dinner rolls. You want 1 flat piece. Bake until golden brown.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and Ranch powder in a bowl. Use a fork or whisk to blend in the cream cheese.
- Finely chop selected vegetables. [Having finely chopped veggies makes it easier to cut into bite size squares and gives better mix of colors.]
- Allow dinner roll dough to cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the dinner roll dough.
- Sprinkle finely chopped veggies, one at a time.
- Once you have sprinkled all the veggies, gentle press the veggies into the cream cheese mixture.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nickname 'Glorias' is in honor of Gloria Zieziula, who first introduced us to this appetizer.